Here are some things we did that worked when leaving our space in Ballard:
- Sent contingents from each team to the candidate office spaces
- Put our office manager really in charge of the moving details and scheduling
- Had everyone fill out the office map in the way they felt best and combined them to create the final layout
- Allowed our IT team to spend plenty of time readying the infrastructure move
- Hired a mover (we didn't do that the first time...)
- Bought everybody FlexPasses to compensate for the loss of parking
I'm certain that others in the company were frantically busy trying to get everything moved, and obviously they did a wonderful job. I love it when a plan comes together.